This engagement session took place with the couple’s dog, in May before their wedding in the Twin Cities when the trees were well green. They also wanted to take some pictures with the one who helped them to get in touch: their dog! True and funny fact: they meet thanks to the groom’s dog who was peeing on the cabin of bride’s family. The groom being very polite excused his-self several times. The family, who liked him, invited him for a drink and that’s how he first saw the one who will later become his wife!
Moral of the story, let your dog pee everywhere but most of all, don’t forget to apology!
We had a lot of fun at the Minnehaha Dog Park. Then we left uptown for the second part of the photo session at the Harriet Island in Saint-Paul Minnesota.
- Dare include your dog in your engagement photo session in Minneapolis!
- My recommendation for your engagement session with your dog
- The Minnehaha Dog Park for your photo session in Minneapolis
A lot of people love their dog but are afraid to include them in their engagement session fearing the dog will not cooperate, and especially in public spaces. Then choose the Minnehaha Dog Park where your pet can be off-leash and, of course, without a muzzle which hides half of his face! So if your dog doesn’t want to pose for your photo session, he can still play around and make connections with new friends.
I love dogs and I believe they can bring a lot of fun to the pictures! They are usually the first kid of the family, and seeing the future married couple taking care of them is always delightful, because it’s all about interactions and you don’t have to pose!
- Split your photo session in two parts one with your pet, one without.
- If it’s a big dog and you are afraid it jumps on you, then it is better to start without him and finish with him.
- Have some plastic bag ready in case you need to preserve the nature
- Have a nice leash dog ready in case something goes not as expected. By nice I mean in leather or a color that won’t catch the attention. If you don’t have any leash, buy one next time you go to Mall of America.
- Have some food ready to attract him.
- Have his favorite toy available to attract him if we need.
- Ask a family member or a friend (or a professional dog keeper) to take him for a walk after we are done with your pet.
- Have a second outfit if your dog soils your clothes.
- If it’s a puppy, avoid moody areas (he is small and you don’t want him to be covered in mood).
The Dog Park is located a couple of miles in the south east of Minneapolis downtown, and it’s part of the Minnehaha Park and the Minneapolis parks. The entrance of the Minnehaha dog park is a little bit hidden, close to the highway on byway. Given it’s not as famous as the Minnehaha Park with its waterfalls, the result is that there is less Minnesotan visitors. And that’s great! We don’t want people hiking or biking in the background of your engagement pictures.
That said, we won’t be alone in the park, a lot of Minneapolis residents come to walk their dogs in this playground.