After the first part of this engagement session in the adjacent Island Raspberry, we walked up the Wabasha Street to the Kellogg Mall Park. Lindsey and Jordan were pretty relaxed and it was a pleasure to continue their photo session.
- Scenic view on the Mississippi River
- The Kellogg Mall Park is a convenient complementary location in St Paul MN
- A Touch of Nature for Some Couple Pictures
- Bridal Party pics and possibilities to Celebrate intimate Ceremony
- Some friends around
- A Historic Balcony Park
What attracts, me in the Kellogg Mall Park is the breathtaking overlooking view on the Mississippi River and the east shore of Saint Paul, Minnesota.
That’s why we used the midway close to the bluff to take pictures of these two lovers having fun, and it turned out to work pretty great!
Besides, I deeply love the cherry blossoms flying in the wind around those two ones.
Despite its view, this park is not the most beautiful park of the Twin Cities. Nevertheless, it has some great advantages:
– it offers plenty of trees and flowers among the cold looking of the skyscraper buildings
– it offers a fountain and an arch for celebration
– it’s adjacent to the Robert St N and the Wabasha St S, both being nice bridges which we could potentially use for another photo location
– it’s very conveniently located on Kellogg Boulevard (close to Saint Paul, MN downtown, and 5 min from Raspberry Island and the Minnesota Boat Club).
– it will suit Minnesotan couples getting married in the dozen nearby wedding venues. For instance at the Science museum of Minnesota, the George Latimer Central Library, the Saint Paul Athletic Club, the Landmark Center, the Xcel Energy Center and several other reception event centers!
– it doesn’t require any photography permit.
If you don’t want to take your car and drive away from your wedding Venue, the Kellogg Mall offers enough trees, flowers and nature to capture gorgeous couple’s pictures. I would recommend using it as a complimentary location. In fact it’s an oasis in the grey stone buildings of the city!
In the same idea, the park is good enough for your bridal party pictures.
What’s more, the park, with its fountain and arch can also host an intimate wedding ceremony.
If you have already been to the Kellogg Mall Park, you may have noticed some « uncommon » residents using the park. An explanation could be the proximity of the shelter. What’s more, this park is close to the landmark center and it has been recently renovated . Indeed, the city build some enforcement to make sure it stays on the highland level and doesn’t fall in the riverfront.
That said I have never been annoyed.
Today, the park is known for his community engagement, such as hosting the St Paul winter Carnival. Indeed, the recreation department equipped all Kellogg Blvd with recreation facilities to allow artists performing arts in the City! That represents some major redevelopment opportunities after the renovation of the park recreation areas (such as the stormwater runoff system), and benefit to the entire St Paul riverfront corporation .
Last part of the photo session
For the next and final part of this engagement session, we crossed Kellogg boulevard and climbed on a roof top in Saint Paul,MN, that offers amazing photos.
To conclude I believe that the Kellogg Mall Park is a sweet little park with a scenic overview very close to the center of Saint Paul. Thus, couples planning engagement photo session in Saint Paul’s downtown should take it in consideration!
I can’t wait to capture their wedding in the fall season. To host their wedding reception they choose at the The Loft at Studio J, in Still Water MN.